LinkedIn is a great way to connect with other business members and interact with other locals. It is just as important to optimize your account to its fullest potential.
To Optimize Your Linkedin Account Follow the Below Steps:
- Fill out Your Past jobs & Education: Potential customers want to know where your experience comes from so its important to let them know what college you went to and what experiences you have. Telling fellow members about your experience in the field your in lends you more crediability.
- Web Site Links: Make sure you profile is linking out to your web site and other important profiles. You have 3 places to put links so use all 3 spaces, you can link out to your web site, blog, facebook, twitter and more.
- Connect Your Twitter to Linkedin: You can have your Twitter update to your Linkedin account which makes it easy for you to update 2 places at once.
- Public Profile Links: Change your public profile link to your name or keyword. You can use your main keyword here if its available.
Example: www.linkedin.com/orangecountyrealestate. Great way to put in keywords without any effort, this is great for your search engine optimization.
- Summary: Tell other members about your business, what you specialize in and what you can help them with. Here is another good place to include keywords without any effort. Example: Specializing in Orange County real estate, Orange County Foreclosures etc. (Be Careful not to get too spammy as it could turn people off)
- Specialities: Tell everyone what you specialize in, another place to add keywords. You can just simply do keyword, keyword, keyword. Example: Orange County Real estate, Foreclosures, Short Sales etc etc.
- Groups: Join groups to connect with others. You can find groups you are already a part of like Letip or the chamber. You can also join groups from your area by searching for your county in the search box. Once you become part of the groups you can answers questions and interact with others members within that group.
- Connect with Members: Once you a part of groups you and go through and connect with other local members.
- Recommendations: Once you have friends you can ask them to recommend you. They can write great reviews and you and your services.
- Applications To Utilize: There are great applications that can help enhance your LinkedIn profile. Use each application as you see fit.
- WordPress: Connect your virtual lives with the WordPress LinkedIn Application. With the WordPress App, you can sync your WordPress blog posts with your LinkedIn profile, keeping everyone you know in the know.
- SlideShare: SlideShare is the best way to share presentations on LinkedIn! You can upload & display your own presentations, check out presentations from your colleagues, and find experts within your network
Some Great PowerPoint Examples:
- Events: Find professional events, from conferences to local meet-ups, and discover what events your connections are attending.
- Company Buzz: Company Buzz shows you the twitter activity associated with your company. View tweets, trends and top key words. Customize your topics and share with your coworkers.
- Portfolio Display: Showcase your creative work in your LinkedIn Profile with the Creative Portfolio Display application. Free, easy to manage, and supports unlimited multimedia content.
- Tweets: Access the most important parts of the professional conversation with Tweets, a Twitter client you can use right on LinkedIn.
- Real Estate Pro: Access your local real estate and office space market. Follow active brokers, agents and professionals. Track new property listings and available spaces and stay informed of completed deals in your area.
- Polls: The Polls application is a market research tool that allows you to collect actionable data from your connections and the professional audience on LinkedIn.
- Box.net Files: Add the Box.net Files application to manage all your important files online. Box.net lets you share content on your profile, and collaborate with friends and colleagues.
- Reading List by Amazon: Extend your professional profile by sharing the books you’re reading with other LinkedIn members. Find out what you should be reading by following updates from your connections, people in your field, or other LinkedIn members of professional interest to you.
- Legal Updates: Get legal news that matters to you and your business. (Lawyers, upload your articles and other content. Be found for your expertise on LinkedIn.)
- Blog Link: With Blog Link, you can get the most of your LinkedIn relationships by connecting your blog to your LinkedIn profile. Blog Link helps you, and your professional network, stay connected.
- Huddle Workspaces: Huddle gives you private, secure online workspaces packed with simple yet powerful project, collaboration and sharing tools for working with your connections.
- Google Presentation: Present yourself and your work. Upload a .PPT or use Google’s online application to embed a presentation on your profile.
- My Travel: See where your LinkedIn network is traveling and when you will be in the same city as your colleagues. Share your upcoming trips, current location, and travel stats with your network.
- Add LinkedIn to Your Web Site/Blog: Make sure you link out to your LinkedIn profile on your web site, blog, facebook etc.