Whether you just want to send over your new real estate listings to us and understand what happens next,
You want to tackle your own real estate marketing plan online.
Use this listing marketing guide to help clarify a few things about the process.
- Optimize your listing in the MLS.
Most online listing feeds are grabbing data from the MLS! Ensure you have an exceptional number of photos of the property rooms, landscape, amenities, schools, and even local amusements. Fill out as much detail as possible and try to include a virtual tour.
(Yes! Those flip cams and smart phone video cameras are perfectly acceptable. Better then NOTHING, right!?)
- Preview the listing.
Make sure you visit your new listing live on the MLS site and a couple other major websites like Realtor.com, Homes.com and your own site where it should have been published to. Ensure all photos and tours are properly displayed!!!
- Add to Social Media Profiles.
While you’re there on the live version, you may as well submit to your preferred active social media profiles like Twitter, Facebook, etc. Be sure that you say something of value or try to insert a keyword phrase, such as “Newly listed home for sale in Irvine: *link*”. Just a plain link wont make any sense. Why should they click?
- Upload to YouTube.
Upload your listing’s virtual tour to YouTube. It is the 2nd largest search engine after Google. Why not use it!? Just be sure that you are optimizing the video by adding keywords to the video title and description.
Don’t forget to post a YouTube Bulletin after you upload your video. A Bulletin is similar to a status update on other social networks, such as Facebook. Posting a Bulletin after uploading your video will help increase the visibility of your new video to subscribers who have opted out of notification emails alerting them when a new video is posted.
- Add listing to Google Maps.
- Post listing on Backpage.com.
Post an add on Backpage, free classifies site that is often times well indexed in Google.
- Add it to your own blog, and your company’s blog. Make sure to title your post with a keyword and include the address so its likely to get found if people do a drive-by cell phone search.
- Add it to your website homepage.If you have access to edit your site regularly, consider adding it as a featured listing Call-To-Action on your site’s homepage when it will get more exposure.
- Add to Postlets.com. By visiting and adding your listing to Postlets, you are essentially featuring your listing on the following outlets…
- Post listing on Craigslist.
Go ahead, don’t be scared. The last step of your Postlets upload is to head to Craigslist and post your HTML. If it doesn’t automatically direct you, don’t forget to click on an area and category. Remember to confirm your “post” with the email you receive from Craigslist!
Please contact us 888-281-7665 x 2 for an agreement to start marketing your real estate listings online for you or for a free consultation on how we can help be a part of your marketing action plan!