- By calcoastwebdesign
- 0 Comments
- 13 Dec 2010
Real Estate SEO can be a challenge – agents know over 90% of buyers start their home search online. With so many Realtors trying to make it to page 1 – how will you be able to get the coveted rankings?
You can do it the old fashioned way – Realtors can write quality content and produce videos and blogs about your county, city, and neighborhoods. You actually still SHOULD do it the ‘old fashioned’ way; I believe it builds stronger relationships with your online prospects.
There is a newer, quicker way to do some real estate SEO, and *GASP* it actually provides automated info that’s quality, timely, and relevant.
What Exactly IS a Set & Forget IDX blog??
Well, its an RSS feed from your IDX provider that we manipulate into the WordPress platform (you asked!)
In layman’s terms, its a blog Realtors can sponsor for a county, city, or community that posts all the new listings in the area, automatically.
How does it work?
- You give Cal Coast your domain name (something keyword seeded, preferably) & login info
- Give us your IDX provider’s contact info. (Note, if your IDX provider does not offer RSS feeds that can be manipulated you may want to check out Diverse Solutions)
- We set up your WordPress website so it automatically updates with listing information, photos, and tours!
What will I have to do to maintain it?
The good news is you don’t have to spend your life posting photos and new listings. The bad news is you will need to weed through quite a bit of spam comments. Sorry, but its the price you pay to be at the top of the search engines!!!
What type of leads are we talking about?
Its important to note this blog is going to come up for a lot of ‘longtail’ keyword phrases, including property addresses. Be prepared to work with these leads who are sometimes at the ‘end’ of their buying cycle and simply expect you to take their ‘order’. Many are investors who want to make an offer sight unseen, or lease clients who are looking to secure the property ‘this weekend’. If it takes you more than a few hours respond to your prospects, or if you never answer calls from numbers you don’t know, this probably isn’t the SEO solution for you.
First, aren’t you glad we aren’t charging you per post or listing? That could get expensive since hundreds get posted each month! Our one-time setup fees are:
$2499 to setup a county
$1499 to setup a city
$599 to setup a community
Don’t forget you need an IDX feed that supports the technology. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re not sure and want us to check for you!
What does that price include?
Included: Required but NOT Included:
- Design is matched to your website colors; or any 3 colors you prefer
- Active MLS member
- Custom header with your contact info
- Domain name
- Your license # listed for DRE compliance
- 1 click WordPress capable hosting account
- IDX feed manipulation for your community, city, or county
- IDX with RSS that can be manipulated (ie. Diverse Solutions, etc.)
- Feedburner email subscription
- Call-To-Action & linkback to your website
- Like on Facebook (if applies)
- Twitter widget
- Hosting account setup & IDX automation activation
How Can I Get Started?
Do you have your domain name ready and IDX feed setup? If so, simply fill out the order form and fax to 866-743-1609
Does it work?
In a beautiful way!!! Just ask our CFO & founder, Angie Weeks, who has been using it in her real estate business as a lead generation tool 🙂 You can check her Mission Viejo Real Estate blog out in action!