- By calcoastwebdesign
- 0 Comments
- 15 Jan 2009
One of the most frequently asked questions by our clients is, How Do I Set Up My Wild West Domains Email in Outlook???
Today I want to answer your question by providing step by step instructions on how to set up your email in Outlook. Keep in mind that there are many Outlook versions and they are not all the same but very similar.
Follow the step by step instructions below and if you get stuck or need help contact us.
1. In Microsoft Outlook, from the Tools menu, select E-mail Accounts.
2. In the E-mail Accounts wizard, select Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
3. On the Server Type page, select POP3, and then click Next.
4. On the Internet E-mail Settings (POP3) page, enter your information as follows.
Enter your first and last name.
E-mail Address (Enter your e-mail address. )
User Name is usually your email address
Enter your e-mail address, again.
Enter the password you set up for your e-mail account.
Incoming mail server (POP3)
Enter pop.secureserver.net for your incoming mail server.
Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
Enter smtpout.secureserver.net for your outgoing mail server.
5. Click More Settings.
6. In the Internet E-Mail Settings window, on the Outgoing Server tab, select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
7. Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server, unless you changed the user name and password in the SMTP relay section of your Manage Email Accounts page, then, select Log on using and enter the user name and password.
8. On the Advanced tab, change the Server Port Number for Outgoing server (SMTP), to 80 or 3535.
9. Click OK, click Next, and then click Finish.
Your final question may be: What if I came upon this post and do not use Wild West Domains as my email, Can I use these instructions??
Answer: You can use these basic instructions but will need to contact your email provider for the appropriate Incoming mail server,Outgoing mail server and Server Port Number.