- By calcoastwebdesign
- 2 Comments
- 10 Jun 2010
- What is Stumbleupon
- Why Cal Coast Uses Stumbleupon
- Creating An Account
- Customizing Your Account
- Adding Friends
- Submitting A Link
- Using the Toolbar
- Submitting A Link withouth Toolbar
- Ongoing Stumbleupon Items
StumbleUpon helps you discover and share great websites. As you click Stumble!, we deliver high-quality pages matched to your personal preferences. These pages have been explicitly
recommended by your friends or one of 6,709,313 other websurfers with interests similar to you. Rating these sites you like automatically shares them with like-minded people – and helps you discover great sites your friends recommend.
For a video about Stumbleupon click here.
Stumbleupon is a great site to get indexable back links using keywords to a web site. You can list and link back to any type of web site service or product. Shhhhh… Research has shown that a shopping web site can get a lot more traffic if they are Stumbling their own products. This is used to drive traffic to web sites and help with quality back links to web site
- Visit http://www.stumbleupon.com/
- Right hand top corner click Start Here
- Fill out information with your email address and birthday.
Remember this is your personal account.
- Type in spambot text
- Click Submit
- Next you have the option to download the toolbar. You can download it now or later.
- You will receive an email to confirm your account, please click on the link provided. You will also be receiving your password to log into your account. You can save this
password in a notepad on your computer or change the password later to something easier for you to remember.
- Log into your Stumbleupon Account with UN and PW given to you in the verification email
- Click Your Home in the top navigation to the left
- Click Preferences
- Add your name, birthday, gender, write a little bit about yourself and upload a photo.
- If you want to customize your profile even more with different themes you can click Customize Profile and add more details about yourself and your interests. Pimp it
out and have fun!
- Save all changes that you make.
- Log into your Stumbleupon Account
- Click Friends Tab
- You search for friends you already know by typing in their email address or nickname.
- To search for other members search for a category up top in the search field. Example: Purses, Jeans, Real Estate etc.
- You will see members that are interested in the same topics that you are. Click on the name of their profile and click Add him as a friend.
- Download the Stumbleupon tool bar if you have not done it already. Visit http://www.stumbleupon.com/toolbar/
- It will show you an example of the toolbar and then you can click Add this toolbar in the right hand corner.
- You may have to log into your account to complete.
- Once the toolbar has been download visit one of your favorite web sites. If you cannot think of one right this second visit www.calcoastwebdesign.com
- Now go to your tool bar and click I Like It.
- You may have to sign into your account if you did not save the passwords.
- Title – It will automatically insert the meta title of the page and that should be fine.
- Review – Type in your review or comment. You cannot insert links or HTML while doing this. You will be able to go back and edit it to link up any keywords.
- Tags – Please add all the keywords and seperate each with commas. You can add as many tags as you like so go for it.
- Adult?? – Click No
- Click Submit this site button
- You will now need to click favorites on your Stumble Toolbar so we can add some links to the comments field.
- Click Edit next to the web site you just stumbled
- You can link up keywords in comments/review field.
Quick Tip: You can take the text and paste it into Dreamweaver or another web editor. Link up the text and copy and paste the HTML code into the comments/review field.
- Add more Tags if you like
- Save Changes
To manually submit a site through http://www.stumbleupon.com – login, click on Favorites – and then “Add Site” on the right hand side! (Thanks Kristi!)
Have fun Stumbling! Beware its addicting!
- Spend least 15 minutes a month adding at friends each month.
You should be able to get about 20 friends in 15 minutes.
- Stumbling other web sites. Spend at least 15 minutes a month Stumbling web sites you are interested in.