- By calcoastwebdesign
- 0 Comments
- 23 Dec 2009
The 12 Days of Christmas post for today offers a snapshot of the Ed Colina Foundation. Begun in 2009, the organization strives to offer food, water, medical help, and a host of other services to the needy, concentrating particularly on Africa. The members of the foundation consider their efforts a kind of journey to a better life for the people they help. To help illuminate their story, they offer several online videos.
Some of their Projects
- Masai Women’s Empowerment Project – dedicated to improving the lives of the impoverished Merimbeti Masai women and children residing in Athi River, Kenya.
- Esarunoto ECDE Center (Preschool) – Over sixty Masai children attend.
- Masai Youth Activity Days – Providing fun-filled activities to nearly 150 students. Helps encourage them to stay in school.
- Health and Wellness Screenings – Combats major health and hygiene issues in Athi River.
- Emergency Food Relief – Makes ongoing emergency food drops.
How to Take the Journey With Them
- Make a donation to the Ed Colina Foundation or the Masai Women’s Empowerment Project. Currently, your tax-exempt donation is accepted by Immaculate Heart of Mary Mission Fund, 5876 Veterans Way, Burlington, KY 41005. Make checks payable to: IHM Mission Fund.
- Visit the Ed Colina Foundation blog. Participate and stay up to date.
- Follow the foundation @twitter or facebook. Do your part to generate widespread support for the organization.
A million thanks to everyone who has already contributed to the Ed Colina Foundation. But the organization needs everyone’s support. So get in the Christmas spirit and do your part to make the world a better place. Even a small contribution to their blog can make a big difference.