- By calcoastwebdesign
- 0 Comments
- 24 Dec 2009
The 12 Days post for today shines a spotlight on Laura’s House, a place of refuge, caring, and comfort for countless Orange County residents. Founded in 1994, Laura’s House provides shelter, support, and education to women and children who have been victims of domestic violence. The institution is the only state-approved comprehensive domestic violence agency in south Orange County. For many women and children, Laura’s House is the only alternative to their never-ending domestic nightmare.
Range of Services
- Food and Shelter
- Individual and group counseling
- Life-skills education
- Support for victims and their children
- Education for teens on healthy relationships and teen dating violence
Some Ways You Can Make a Difference
- Make a donation. Large or small, you’re going to make a difference in the life of a woman or child.
- Contribute to the Laura’s House Wish List. Provide some of the items on this list. Perfect for the holiday season.
- Be a Volunteer. Get personally involved in restoring a human being’s health, peace of mind, and dignity. Perhaps you’ll make a new friend or two.
And who knows…You just may help save a life.
If you’re ready to make a difference, there’s no better time than the holiday season to contribute to the admirable goals of Laura’s House. To get started, you can contact the institution’s Counseling and Resource Center at (949) 361-3775 or their volunteer information line at 949) 361-3775. Remember. Somebody needs your help right now.