- By calcoastwebdesign
- 0 Comments
- 29 Jun 2004
We’d like to extend our congratulations to CCWD client Brad Coleman and MetroEstates.com for winning FIRST place in Advanced Access & Real Estate ABC’s Most User Friendly Website Contest. Brad has been working for years on the website – constantly improving its content, links, and functionality. Way to go Brad – Advanced Access has over 25,000 clients!
Constantly Striving For Success
In an effort to help better ourselves and better our clients, Cal Coast is sending out Mid-Year Reviews this month. I am personally reviewing each website to make sure we are on the right track. We’re doing as much as we can to achieve success for you all, and I encourage you to respond with any and all goals you have for your website for the future. If you are not sure what else to do, check your competition J I have also provided recommendations which I think will take your website to the next level. I look forward to an even more productive future for your site.
How you can work faster
This month, lets get in touch with the keyboard. Keyboard shortcuts are not always fun to learn; but they allow you to work MUCH faster. The following tricks work with all Microsoft programs and many others out there. You’ll only be good with practice – so print out this information today
- CTRL + C will COPY highlighted text or images to your virtual clipboard
- CTRL + X will CUT & COPY text or images to your virtual clipboard
- CTRL + V will PASTE clipboard information to the spot your cursor is blinking
- CTRL + N will open a NEW internet window or NEW program file to work with
- CTRL + S will SAVE the file that you are currently working on
- CTRL + A will select ALL text and/or images on a page or document
- CTRL + F will open a window to FIND any word or sequence of text on the page
- CTRL + Z will UNDO the last function you preformed
- Tab will move your curser to the next line in an internet form
- SHIFT + Tab will move your curser to the previous line in an internet form
- ALT + Tab will toggle computer from one program to the next
- F5 will REFRESH your browser window to show updated changes
My personal favorite is CTRL + F. When we’re on the phone together, and you tell me to reference something on a website, I use CTRL + F to get there quick. Try it yourself. Let’s pick on Bob & Brandi, one of Cal Coast’s first clients. I want to find out if they are linking to Strawberry Farms – a local golf courses
http://www.bobrealestate.com/golf.htm – now CTRL + F and type in “straw” – then hit enter. The page will take you right there! Can you see how this would help you on a roster, or when you are searching a glossary?
Hopefully, we’ve made life a little easier this month. Cal Coast appreciates your business, your time, and most of all YOU. Take care until next time 🙂
Thanks Cal Coaster Subscribers!
Cal Coast Web Design, Inc.